“Without a solid foundation, everything would crumble.”
There is hardly anyone who would disagree with that statement. Everything that is strong is built on a solid foundation, whether it’s a great nation, a prosperous business or a beautiful home. When we speak of the foundation of a great nation and prosperous business, we’re talking figuratively, but when it comes to a beautiful home, the foundation actually means a physical structure that is actually constructed using building materials. So, you get only one chance to get it right, hence it needs careful planning after considering all the factors involved.
We are all aware that building a foundation is the first task of any construction project. A concrete structure cannot stand tall for years without robust and firm foundation. It is the base of a structure and when the base is weak, the structure crumbles like a house built in sand by the sea.
Do you know why the foundation of a house should be strong?
We all know that the strength of a building lies in its foundation. The main purpose of the foundation is to hold the structure above it and keep it upright. But, the physics of the foundation is that, it carries and stabilizes the entire load of the building and channels/transfers it to the earth. This ensures a high degree of firmness and reliability.
According to construction experts and engineers, the foundation must be able to withstand both “dead” load and “live” load. The dead load is the weight of the basic structure itself and it remains constant. On the other hand, the live load is the additional weight of the people and objects that we bring into the building. The foundation must be firm and must be able to channel the weight of the entire building to the ground. If the building is being constructed on sloping regions or moist ground, the foundation has to be customized and durable.
We already know that the foundation is the most important part of any construction, what is the next step?
Important factors to consider before laying the foundation for a building:
- When choosing a foundation for your house consider the area where you are building. The soil type and climate play an important part in deciding what sort of foundation is best for your structure.
- In a progressing world, the foundation of a building is most commonly built on Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC), which uses cement and TMT bars.
- Cement concrete has strong compressive strength but it has no tensile strength. Therefore, TMT Bars are used in cement concrete to increase the tensile strength and introduce ductility. No foundation can withstand external forces like earthquake, without the help of TMT Bars.
- TMT bars provide the Inner Strength required for the foundation to stand unfaltering.
- Foundations built close to the ground have the risk of corrosion and rusting. So, when we’re already aware of the risk involved, why not choose the TRUE corrosion resistant TMT bars.
Since the foundation forms the very base of a house, if something goes wrong, you cannot retouch it, it has to be completely redone from the start. Therefore, the planning and choice of construction materials have to be fool proof… TRUE technicians who can execute the plan without mistake and TRUE materials that can lend inner strength to the foundation… because Inner Strength Matters!